Though this season may look different, we ask you to lean in and use this opportunity to:
Pray for our community and those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the health care workers that are treating the sick and those public health administrators making difficult decisions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
Provide Hope. In these anxious days, the church (all of us) can shine as a light of hope, care, faith, patience and prudence. We can demonstrate for the world how our faith provides true assurance against worry and fear. This is also a great opportunity to share the online service with friends and family.
Practice recommended personal hygiene. The CDC urges everyone to practice everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
Greater Church will continue to monitor reports from the CDC, as well as state and local governments, with the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 activity.
To receive future updates, please visit this webpage (www.greater.church/update) and follow us on Social Media.
Shelter in Place Order: https://gov.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-04-02/governor-kemp-issues-shelter-place-order
Cobb County School: http://cobbcast.cobbk12.org/?p=31924
Cherokee County School: https://www.cherokeek12.net/Content2/bulletin-board
Georgia Department of Public Health: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus